Led Zeppelin Honored Receives Kennedy Center Honors
Led Zeppelin has been my favorite band since the mid 1970s when I started to listen to music. I spent many hours listening to this amazing band. My family, as is with any family did not approve much of the music and I alway felt I was wrong somehow to like Led Zeppelin as much as I did. As the years went on my love for them never wavered. Then I heard the President of the United States praising Led Zeppelin and giving them an award in Washington DC. I was shocked and very satisfied with myself. I knew they were good, I knew they should be appreciated and now the President is giving them an award. I still can’t believe it, the Kennedy Center Awards were always for the finest artists and this lens master agrees that Led Zeppelin is one of the greatest. Needless to say I am very satisfied and can chalk up one more thing I never thought I would live to see.
Winners of the 2012 Kennedy Center Honors
- Led Zeppelin – amazing rock and roll band from the 1960s with fans who love their music in every generation since.
- Buddy Guy – Grammy winning legendary blues guitaristPhoto Courtesy of the Artist
- Dustin Hoffman – gifted actor of the silver screen who busted out after his Oscar nominated role in “The Graduate”Photo Courtesy of Zimbio
- David Letterman – one of the household name’s of late night television and an influential comedic personality.Photo Washington Post
- Natalia Makarova – native Russian and inspiring ballerinaPhoto Zimbio
Here are all the winners of the 2012 Kennedy Center Honors with President Bill Clinton and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. What an amazing group of individuals.Photo Courtesy of